Quick and easy, homemade spaghetti that can be served in 30 minutes or less, especially if you have your ingredients pre-cut. And you can always freeze your leftover spaghetti sans the noodles for a quick dinner option later in the week.
- 1 package of ground turkey meat
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (6 oz.) of Hunt’s tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) of Hunt’s diced tomatoes
- sliced portobello mushrooms
- fresh oregano
- fresh basil
- Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan, over medium heat, break up the ground turkey while it browns – about 5 minutes. Add chopped onion, chopped green pepper, sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Add the diced tomatoes and mix your ingredients together. Add the tomato paste, then using the empty tomato paste can – use the same amount of water (6 oz.) and add to your spaghetti. After mixing your ingredients together, add fresh oregano, fresh thyme, fresh basil and season with italian seasoning, Tony Cachere’s, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Allow the spaghetti to simmer for 15-30 minutes, while cooking your noodles. Be sure not to over salt your spaghetti, you can always add more seasoning!