Yum. Today’s recipe takes 15 minutes, 20 tops. You can add any fresh crunchy vegetable that your heart desires! I used asparagus and colorful mixed bell peppers: orange, yellow, red and green.
Shrimp and Chicken Apple Pasta
- 4 chicken and apple sausage links
- 1 lb of uncooked, deveined shrimp
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 cup of chopped mixed bell peppers: orange, yellow, red and green
- 1/3 cup of white onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup of purple onion, chopped
- whole wheat spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Slice chicken apple sausage, lengthwise and place into a sauté pan, allow it to brown and get nice and crispy. Remove cooked sausage and set aside in a bowl. Once it cools, chop the sausage into small pieces. Meanwhile, in a clean sauté pan, add olive oil, garlic and onion to pan, allow vegetables to get tender about 6-8 minutes. Add mixed peppers, asparagus and sage. Allow those vegetables to also get tender, about 6-8 minutes. In a pot, begin to boil your water for pasta. Once your vegetables are tender in your sauté pan, add chicken apple sausage and shrimp. Cover for about 5 minutes. Begin to boil your pasta, but be sure to add olive oil so that your pasta doesn’t stick together. Season with freshly ground pepper and sea salt. Toss and serve. Easy does it!
And I’m happy to share that these fantastic photos we’re taken by the amazing Alixann Loosle, please check out her blog!